Diabetes-The Silent Killer
Updated: Sep 11, 2020
Why Should You Read This Article?
You SHOULD if you just Why would you care?
· Well, If I tell you 70% people above 45 year are Diabetic or Prediabetic
· If I tell you 100 Million (10 Crore) Indian suffer from this condition
· Cost of management of the disease is 10 Lac Plus
· Reduced Life expectancy by at least 5 years
· Quality of Life deteriorates by as much as 50% with you having to give up one most loved foods, constant blood monitoring, onset of multiple issues like Blurred Vision, kidney function,
· There are More Fatalities caused by Diabetic condition led condition, then ANY OTHER disease (Cancer/HIV/Heart attack or any other pale in front of this)
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized by high glucose levels (hyperglycemia). In simple words, it refers to the rise of sugar levels in the bloodstream.
1. Type I diabetes - LACK of hormone INSULIN production (Insulin is produced in body by the Organ named Pancreas) - 10% Diabetic patient are Type I
2. Type II diabetes - Insulin is produced but the body becomes Insulin resistant (This condition is also known as maturity-onset diabetes) - 90% Diabetic patients are Type II
What Causes Diabetes?
Type II diabetes is often triggered by
Sedentary lifestyle (lack of physically active Lifestyle).
The CDC attributes the phenomenal increase in diabetes cases to the growing prevalence of obesity and decline in physical activity.
Healthy Jeena Sikho is providing information under Healthy Living Blog to help people learn about widely available alternate means to achieve Uber health and fitness of mind, body and soul. Its contents on an “AS IS” basis and makes no representations of any kind with respect to blog contents.The information on this site is not intended as medical advice, medical nutrition therapy or individualized nutrition counseling/coaching.
This Site and its authors do not claim to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any nutrition-related disease or health condition. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional before changing your diet or medications or beginning any exercise routine.The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only
This article is published for educating masses at large under Healthy Living Blog initiative. These are small baby steps to aware people more about healthy and holistic lifestyle, affordable assisted living and organic products around. We call that Celebration of Being ALIVE.