I know this is going to hit hard but yes we all age. Undeniable fact, but a lot of the negative changes that take place in our bodies are not. As we age, we become more susceptible to such things as heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and arthritis. However, medical research has shown that proper nutrition can slow down and even prevent many of these ailments.
Some reasons for this are as you age your sense of taste and smell decreases, it is harder to chew, and you just don’t feel hungry.
I know sometimes it may be hard to get out and shop for food due to various physical factors. On top of this, as you get older your body may not be able to absorb some of the nutrition from food as well as it could when you were younger. In some cases a good multivitamin could help offset this. Your doctor can help you find one that’s right for you.
Here are a few things that you can do to plan for better nutrition in your diet and a healthier life as you get older:
· Plan out regular meals for each day and try to remember vegetables for in at least 2 of them every day. On the off chance that you should nibble, use fruits and vegetables rather than junk food like potato chips and candy.
· One thing you can do to ensure that you’ll be getting better nutrition is to make each plate colorful. Different color vegetables for example generally contain different nutrients so the idea here is, mix it up.
· If you have problems chewing meat, try going with things like fish and ground meats. Also try to have more soups as they can have plenty of nutrition in them and they are great choices if you are on a budget.
· Make meals more interesting by inviting a friend to lunch or dinner once in a while. Sometimes it can get boring to always eat alone and having someone over can lure you to get more creative with meals than you might when eating alone.
· Growing old might be inescapable however that doesn't mean you can't develop old effortlessly and healthier and with a consistent eating routine of appropriate sustenance, you can keep up better well-being admirably into your brilliant years.
Healthy Jeena Sikho is providing information under Healthy Living Blog to help people learn about widely available alternate means to achieve Uber health and fitness of mind, body and soul. Its contents on an “AS IS” basis and makes no representations of any kind with respect to blog contents.The information on this site is not intended as medical advice, medical nutrition therapy or individualized nutrition counseling/coaching.
This Site and its authors do not claim to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any nutrition-related disease or health condition. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional before changing your diet or medications or beginning any exercise routine.The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only
This article is published for educating masses at large under Healthy Living Blog initiative. These are small baby steps to aware people more about healthy and holistic lifestyle, affordable assisted living and organic products around. We call that Celebration of Being ALIVE.